EUGLOH | Intercultural Communication: UNESCO and Sustainable Development Goals: Sri Chinmoy – A Life Dedicated to Global Peace
Activity: Intercultural Communication: UNESCO and Sustainable Development Goals: Sri Chinmoy – A Life Dedicated to Global Peace
When: 16th of September 2022, 9h-11h00 (Portuguese time)
How: Totally online, free and in English
Who can attend: Students of the Alliance (from all levels and fields)
Vacancies: Approximately 10 vacancies for U.Porto
Selection of participants: Participants will be selected and ranked according to the order of registration
Recognition: Certificate of Participation (with possibility of inclusion in the Diploma Supplement or Academic Passport)
Application deadline: 12th of September at 12:59 (Portuguese time)
This interactive Webinar aims to help students of all levels and fields to experience new cultures and communicate with people of diverse cultural backgrounds. It will, in addition, encourage participants to critically reflect about Self-Transcendence, Global Peace and how citizens can contribute to a better world by accepting cultural differences.
Main topics covered:
- Definition(s) of Culture;
- Edward T. Hall and the Cultural Iceberg Theory;
- Culture, communication and cross-cultural misunderstanding;
- Tolerance, respect and cultural sensitivity;
- UN and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- Self-awareness and self-transcendence towards Global Peace;
- The contribution of Sri Chinmoy to the UN and towards Global Peace.
There will be a small assessment quiz at the end.
If you have any questions, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The EUGLOH Alliance – European University for Global Health is a pilot initiative funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Programme. It is composed by 5 European Universities: University of Porto, Lund University (Sweden), Ludwig- Maximilians-Universität München (Germany), University of Szeged (Hungary) and Université Paris-Saclay (France). To find more EUGLOH opportunities please go to: https://www.eugloh.eu/study–andmobility/events.